1 unit, P/NP, class number:23752.
Are you a student who wants to earn a unit for reading The Undocumented Americans and participating in On the Same Page this fall? If so, L&S 10 is the course for you.
Here are the course requirements
Here are the course requirements:
- Read The Undocumented Americans.
- Post a substantive response to the book on bcourses. Your response can take any of a number of forms, from a short essay to a video to a song or a Prezi . . . be creative!
- Comment (on bcourses) on at least three other students’ responses to the book.
- Attend two synchronous class meetings on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:00. The dates for fall 2021 will be announced soon. In order to pass the class you must attend both class meetings, so make sure your Tuesday evenings are clear. (If you are attending Cal remotely in the fall and live in a time zone that makes these synchronous meetings very difficult, speak to the instructor about an alternative assignment.)
- Attend at least two qualifying events related to The Undocumented Americans, and submit a short response to each on bcourses. Qualifying events include the keynote on August 20, and any event sponsored or co-sponsored by the On the Same Page program. Details will appear soon on this site and on the On the Same Page events page. If you missed the keynote you can watch the video instead–it will be posted online for two weeks following the event.
- Comment (on bcourses) on at least three other students’ responses to each event.
On the Same Page is designed to welcome you into the intellectual community at Cal. We firmly believe that interacting with faculty–and with other students–around a topic of mutual interest is one of the best ways to ensure the quality of your education. All of the activities required for L&S 10 will be fun and interactive and educational. You will be glad you participated!
Our hope is that participating fully in On the Same Page will be so rewarding that you will continue to seek out enrichment opportunities throughout your undergraduate years at Cal.